Monday, June 4, 2007

Let's hear it for eBay!

I won! I won! Thanks to John and his sneaky ebay bidding with 7 seconds left - I am now the owner of a C&P Pilot letterpress. It's a tabletop press - a bit smaller and about 1800lbs. lighter than the other one I was looking at. It's currently in Long Island, but we're hoping to bring her home tomorrow night. I am so excited and can't wait to get started. I have used these before, but never my very own. As a new homeowner who has dealt with the harsh realities of ownership (backed up pipes exploding in the basement), I know that the glamour of owning something can come with a price. But I also love our backyard and the freedom it allows me to let our dog Kinglsey run in and out - something I couldn't do as a renter. So, as the owner of this little piece of magic, I'm cautiously but enthusiastically looking forward to diving in! I'm sure there will be many more posts to come on this.

1 comment:

Tickle the Ink said...

hello! i was surfing & happened upon your blog. love it! congrats on your success at finding a Pilot. i'm so jealous. i'm in contact with someone who's selling his right now, but he wants $1,000. so it's either that, or i'll have to settle for a Kelsey. i know i could wait & shop around, but i'm into that whole instant gratification thing. happy printing! ~gina