Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Paddle Surfing

I'm back! I decided last minute to take a little two-day personal time to be with my family this past weekend. It's hard to believe - and makes me very sad to think - that I may not be seeing my older sister and her family (who live in London) until next June. Gives me a little pit in my stomach just thinking about it. But, happier times this weekend were spent doing this new sport my sister picked up this summer and can't get enough of - paddle surfing. If you're in calm waters, it's not so much surfing as kayaking standing up - but it was a cool way to get out on the water and without even really getting wet. I'd like to think I looked as cool & calm as Jennifer Garner here, but mostly I was hoping not to tip over:)

4 comments:

Project Ecoart said...

Paddle surfing is huge here in Malibu. I still haven't had the nerve to try it. I'm a wader - and only to my waist. Any deeper and I freak :) You are much braver than I am :)

Jane said...

i so want to try this .....

Unknown said...

Get out! There was a whole article on this in the newspaper down in SC...and there were people doing it in the creek at Pawleys!

Anonymous said...

I wonder where around NY, Long Island you can rent these?

Jenny