Monday, October 20, 2008

Vandercook


We're getting closer and closer to having a big(ger) commercial space for L&H here in Brooklyn - which has gotten us thinking about what that means in terms of presses and other large equipment we haven't had the space for until now. This weekend John and I took a full day letterpress class using a Vandercook press - a beast of a press, measuring about 9 feet long and 3.5 feet wide. I have only ever been in the room when one of these is being used and never felt compelled to try it until a recent project had us working on such a large scale. And now all I can think about are the posters and large scale images I want to print. I think a poster would make a really fun Save the Date or invitation to a big party or ooh, even an election night bash!

1 comment:

five dot design said...

that photo makes me want to run downstairs and play with my press! beautiful shot!