Friday, July 9, 2010

From the Desk/Couch Fridays: Hot Mama

This is how I ended every day this week - horizontal, legs up, next to a fan or a/c unit, pounding the ice water. I thought I was literally going to melt into the sidewalk on Wednesday when it reached a ridiculous 102! I've never been so hot in my life. Not okay for people who don't have a radiator strapped to their stomach. And too much for people who do. Thankfully, John installed some more a/c units last week to ease my discomfort. And, knock on wood, we haven't had any brown outages like some neighborhoods. (I saw on the news that people were sleeping in cars!)

But I'm headed to the beach this weekend - not only for a little relief - but also to welcome home my older sister from London, who's flying in with her four kids. I'm excited to see them -- especially while standing knee-deep in the ocean.

And stay tuned for a big announcement on Monday! Something's been brewing (besides me) over here at L&H and I can't wait to share it with you!

Have a great weekend. And stay cool.

5 comments:

Tommy said...

Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Oh I see a preggers belly! So cute! Do you know if she is a she or he is a he. Have fun with Kim. Nieces and nephews are the bestest.
marie

kathryn said...

LOVE that picture :)

Britta said...

I love all of the announcements. It's so fun!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Hope you had a great weekend! Looking forward to the big announcement. P.S. Will call you in a week or so to do the order!