Friday, December 10, 2010

From the {Nursery} Fridays: New Favorite Book


Last weekend at my mother's family's Christmas party, my aunt gave me this book for Griffin: On the Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman.  I had never heard of it before, but after reading it to Griffin with tears in my eyes, it has quickly become my favorite and has been read to him at least once every day since.  I thought I'd quote you the last part, my favorite part:

If the moon stays up until morning one day,
or a ladybug lands and decides to stay,
or a little bird sits at your window awhile,
it's because they're all hoping to see you smile...

For never before in story or rhyme
(not even once upon a time)
has the world ever known a you, my friend,
and it never will, not ever again...

Heaven blew every trumpet
and played every horn
on the wonderful, marvelous
night you were born.

You must read the whole thing, though.  It's short, but so very sweet.  It's going to be my new gift-must for parents to be.  (Thanks for the introduction, Aunt Beth! xoxo)

4 comments:

About Lizzy :: said...

Promptly ordering for Will. Cutest quote ever.

Katie said...

Truly beautiful! Definitely a gift for to-be parents on my list!

Beth said...

I love it too! One of our favorite bedtime stories.

little black press said...

OMG, I cried all through that book the first time I read it to my daughter. My absolute favorite!